Friday, November 10, 2023

Princess Diana, the Shopping Mall Palace, and Old Ladies Handbags

I was driving in a car somewhere outside London (steering wheel on our side of the car, oddly enough.) I was tasked with getting Princess Diana to a dinner at Buckingham Palace, so I disguised my voice as a Baron, Duke or some such thing to help convince her to attend. After a lengthy conversation with her in which she declines the offer I arrived at the palace. As I was waiting for the elevator to take me up to the dinner I realized I only had street clothes and no formal “royal” dress clothes so I made my way to leave. The main entrance had been converted into a small shopping mall and all the escalators to the exit were moving to fast to get on. I opted for the stairs and outside in a small park every empty bench was taken up by some old British lady’s large handbag which none refused to move so I could sit.

No comments:

Post a Comment