Monday, December 4, 2023

Dreams of My Mother

It's extremely rare that my dreams contain anyone I know. Most times the people in my dreams are people I don't know. People made up by my unconscious? People my brain noticed on the street and cataloged away? Who knows. 

That said for the past week I've been having dreams that my mother is in. In each there's always some conflict. It's usually me disobeying some request or rule of hers. In each she's always disappointed in me for my disobedience or I've hurt her in some way as a person. Each dream always resolves itself with me apologizing and my apology being accepted. Each one always brings me to a deeper understanding and empathy for her. In May of next year my mother will have been gone for eight years. I can't help but believe that my Mother Dreams are in part me working out my unresolved issues with her. In the past few years I've said I wish I knew then about my mother what I know now. I wish I could've had the empathy skills I have now so I could've helped her. I believe these dreams are my unconsciousness's way of helping me find resolution and doing just that. 

This entry is also posted on my other blog. Click on the link below to visit.

In The House of Mindfulness  

No comments:

Post a Comment